Travelling with dogs on the Tropical Coast
We are increasingly doing more and more activities with our dogs and tourism is no exception. Our pets deserve holidays on the Tropical Coast as much as we do.
We kindly give you access to some services that might be of your interest.
Playacan: El Cable Beach
There are 1,500 square metres of beach. It is sufficiently equipped for you and your pet to enjoy this space.
The rules are:
- It is forbidden to go out the defined area
- The animal’s documents must be updated
- Potentially dangerous dogs must wear an approved muzzle at all times
- It is compulsory to pick up the excrements of the animals and then to deposit them in the litter bins
- The animal must always be controlled by the owner
- The owner is always responsible for any damage caused by the animal
Veterinary clinics and other pet services alongside Costa Tropical Spain
- Hubara Veterinary Clinic. Surgical and radiology services; grooming for dogs and cats.
- Salobreña Veterinary Clinic. Dental cleanings and surgeries
- Animal by Belcando. Shop specialised in holistic pet food. Wide range of trainig al material.
- Taoro Veterinary Clinic
- Motril Veterinary Clinic
- Farmaena. Specialised pet shop
- Kiwoko. Specialised pet shop
Dog centres and boarding kennels
Located between Salobreña and Lobres, it is a training centre for behaviour correction and sport training.
There is a canine accomodation with more than 1,500 square meters and individual spaces for all dogs. Animals have access to the break area several times a day. For more information about Montemar, click here.
It offers canine education courses, animal wellbeing sessions, day care kennel with activities, etc. You can also get the certificate for emotional support dogs. You can find more information on their webpage.
Dog washing station
At the Repsol Service Station in Salobreña you can find a grooming tub for dogs. The price is 4 euros and it includes shampoo, a deworming shampoo and drying. The bathtub has a self-cleaning system for sanitary measures.
For more information about the grooming tub for dogs, click here.
Costa Tropical Spain Dogs parks
There’s a dog park at Plaza de la Libertad. There you can find toboggans, tubes, zig zags and different tools for our animals to do some physical activity. It has a fence around it, which means the animal can’t escape. Link to the location here.
Provincias Park. More info here.
SOS Animales Salobreña
Sos Animales Salobreña is the shelter that fosters and looks for adoptions for stray animals in Salobreña and it surroundings.
If you find yourself in an abandon or mistreatment situation, you can contact them through their Facebook group.
Holidogs on the Tropical Coast
On Holidogs people take care of your pet for as many hours or days as you need. More info here: holidog.com
If you are interested in discovering the Tropical Coast Spain and explore activities to do in our area, visit our website Turismo Salobreña, where you will find available updated information about leisure, entertainments and activities all year round.