Salobreña as a starting point for cycling enthusiasts
The city of Salobreña has been included into the specialized international cycling website platform, “Cycling Friendly”. Supporting the use of bicycle as a mean of sustainable mobility and promoting the destination for those who love this activity, are main goals for town’s tourism department.
A catalogue with 10 routes has been edited. These routes start from Salobreña and they go all over the Tropical Coast, inland province of Granada and east Málaga.
5000 brochures will be printed including every route map as well as a QR Code for each one of them. Once QR codes are scanned, users have access to plenty of information about itinerary, altimetry, services, physiotherapists and many other useful town services. Furthermore, it is planned to set up different “mechanical spots” where basic bicycle reparations can be done.
Salobrena best cycling rides:
- Salobreña – La Cabra Montés. Customers could ride along the Goat route – la Cabra Montés, following the traditional mountain local road from the coast to Granada, throughout Lecrín Valley and Padul city. It is a 133 kilometres route with a positive elevation of 2.790 metres.
- Salobreña – Nerja, is a nice coastal route alongside 76 kilometres facing the Mediterranean Sea.
- Salobreña – Guájares valley and villages, which covers 53 kilometres, reaching a positive elevation of 1.304 metres.
- Salobreña – Almuñécar – Ítrabo – Molvízar is a low difficulty route, covering almost 42 kilometres, with highest altitude reaching 508 kilometres.
- Salobreña – Guindalera Hills is the shortest ride – 36 kilometres, with a higher level of difficulty, reaching 1.057 meters above sea level.
- Salobreña – Guájar Alto ride proposes breathtaking mountain landscapes of the interior part of the Coast. It is little over 60 kilometers and exceeds 463 meters in altitude.
- Salobrena Valley, is the easiest itinerary. This ride is recommended for beginners. 38 kilometres through Salobreña fertile plain and river valley. It doesn´t exceed 350 meters above the sea level.
- Salobreña – Castell de Ferro – Haza del Lino, is an interesting ride with 110 kilometres long, reaching over 1292 metres.
The last two routes, of average difficulty, are about 700 meters in altitude: Salobreña – Motril – Gorgoracha (52 kilometres) and Salobreña – Lagos (43 kilometres).
For more information about the routes, click here.